Founded in 2011 by Australian creative duo, Rob and Tess, Lack of Color has reimagined the world of hats – taking a creative and nostalgic approach to various styles and designs.
Pairing traditional shapes with modern uses of color, texture, and quality finishes, each piece creates true style moments steeped in nostalgia and crafted for limitless possibility.
With a distinctly Australian aesthetic and down-to-earth appeal, Lack of Color offers boutique designs to suit all, having found a home among the wardrobes of style icons, celebrities, and hat lovers throughout the world.
Creative yet effortlessly stylish pieces pepper each collection, taking the wearer from day to night, poolside to stage-side, and beyond.
While based in Australia, Lack of Color also works directly out of Los Angeles, providing international customers with faster and easier access to each collection.
Website link: https://row.lackofcolor.com/
Source: official website
All the products are categorized into three parts, women's, men's, and kids' headwear. Styles are fedora, boater, cowboy, rancher, bucket, and cap. Material is straw, wool, suede, teddy, cotton, and tweed. Also, they sell accessories, including scarves, tote bags, and hat fillers. Here, we would introduce some of them to you.
· Fedora: a hat with a soft brim and indented crown. It is typically creased lengthwise down the crown and "pinched" near the front on both sides.
· Boater: a semi-formal summer hat for men, which was popularised in the late 19th century and early 20th century.
· Cowboy: the classic cowboy hat. This hat has a wide brim and a high crown. The crown is often creased, and the brim is usually rolled by the owner or seller.
· Rancher: they typically have a fedora crown, known for its creased crown that is “pinched” towards the front.
· Cap: both hats and caps fall within the category of headgear and headwear accessories. However, all hats have brims and shaped crowns, whereas a cap is less structured, and doesn't have a brim, but is never without a peak or visor.
Hats from Lackofcolor are designed and finished in Australia and hand-made by a range of skilled artisans in the USA, Mexico, China, and the Dominican Republic.
· Straw: an agricultural byproduct consisting of the dry stalks of cereal plants after the grain and chaff have been removed.
· Wool: the textile fiber obtained from sheep and other mammals, especially goats, rabbits, and camelids.
· Suede: a type of leather made from the underside of the animal skin, giving it a soft surface.
· Teddy: also known as borg fabric, is often made of cotton with polyester and acrylic. The fabric is made of pile weave with a long plush.
· Cotton: staple fiber, which means it is composed of different, varying lengths of fibers. Cotton is made from the natural fibers of cotton plants.
· Tweed: it is made of tightly woven dyed wool. It comes in a variety of weights, weaves, and colors.
· Scarf: a long piece of fabric worn on or around the neck, shoulders, or head.
· Tote bag: a large, typically unfastened bag with parallel handles that emerge from the sides of its pouch.
· Hat filler: made of foam cushioning, the adhesive filler sticks to the inside of your hat (the wool OR straw) for a better & smaller fit. Reduces hat size by approximately 1-2.5 cm.
The brand is known for using neutral tones and a subdued color palette, often incorporating black, white, beige, and muted shades into its hat collections. Here are some key features of the Lack of Color brand:
Minimalist Aesthetic: Lack of Color embraces a minimalist design philosophy, focusing on clean lines, simplicity, and a lack of vibrant colors or bold patterns.
Timeless and Classic Styles: The brand offers a range of hat styles, including fedoras, boater hats, wide-brimmed hats, and caps, with a focus on timeless and classic designs that can be worn year after year.
High-Quality Materials: Lack of Color is known for using high-quality materials such as wool, straw, and cotton in their hat production, ensuring durability and comfort.
Attention to Detail: The brand pays attention to detail in its craftsmanship, with carefully finished edges, stitching, and trimmings that enhance the overall aesthetic and quality of its hats.
Versatility: Lack of Color hats are designed to be versatile, and suitable for various occasions and outfits, from casual everyday wear to special events or beach outings.
Subtle Branding: The Lack of Color brand logo is typically understated and discreetly placed on their hats, maintaining the minimalist aesthetic and allowing the design of the hat to take center stage. Lack of Color has gained a strong following and has become popular among fashion enthusiasts who appreciate the brand's minimalist and vintage-inspired designs. Their hats are often seen as statement pieces that can elevate and add a touch of sophistication to any outfit.
Quote from Glamour and Gains, lack of Color hats is one of the most predominant brands when it comes to fashion women rancher hats and stetsons. that’s why we would introduce this brand to you, for its quality and ethics.
Also, as for this product, hats shield your face and head from sunburn. It protects your eyes from the brightness of the sun, which can cause damage to you. It also helps to prevent skin cancers and skin damage, hopefully you like this item.
That’s all for today, and hopefully, you can get some knowledge from it. Any new ideas, comment below.